Keynsham Town 3-1 Ashton & Backwell

Keynsham Town 3-1 Ashton & Backwell
Western League Division One
AJN Stadium

Keynsham: Matthew Dunk, Elliot Coles, Sam Roberts, Aaron Marshall, Ben Stiff, Thomas Bannerman-Williams, Szymon Gromek, Luke Lipinski, Pat Davison, Ryan Ashwood, Lewis Morgan

Subs used: Seb Spiller (76th minute for Stiff), Liam Robson (80th minute for Morgan)

Big 3 points after turning in a great performance

Keynsham move level on points with Warminster Town after a home win against 12th placed Ashton and Backwell at the AJN Stadium. Keynsham had an attacking intent from the off and the first real chance came on 13 minutes with Luke Lipinski letting fly from 20 yards after a good run infield from Lewis Morgan. The game opened up a bit after that early scare for the visitors and they went close on 16 minutes. Their number 4 took a long free kick which ended up bobbling about in the box only for number 11′s shot to go just wide.

However it was Keynsham who took the lead for the second game in a row. The inform Pat Davison showed quick feet to finish in the box on 22 minutes from a great run and cross from Ryan Ashwood. Top goal scorer Ashwood then found the net on 34 minutes with a turn and shot from a misplaced clearance from a Morgan corner. Ashton and Backwell kept looking for a goal and got one on just four minutes later. A great free kick from the visitor’s number 10 allowed Ashton and Backwell a lifeline going into half time despite Matthew Dunk’s best efforts to push it round the post.

The K’s didn’t let their heads drop though and continued to search for a third goal to kill the game off. Davison and Szymon Gromek linked up well with Davison just failing to get on the end of a great pass from Gromek which left the keeper stranded on 57 minutes. Both teams then made subs with 15 minutes left to play and the Ashton and Backwell number 15 almost equalised with his first touch of coming on. Home fans had to wait until the 79th minute for Davison to pop up with his 10th goal of the season. Ashwood held the ball up on the right hand side, to wait for support, then got to the byline line setting up Lipinski. His shot was parried away from goal but Davison reacted quickest to the shot to make it 3-1. Dunk had to be alert until the final whistle saving well from a header in the final few minutes to secure a vital 3 points for the K’s.

Special mention to Aaron Marshall who completed his 75th appearance for Keynsham in this 3rd season with the club. Lets hope for a goal in his next 75 appearances!

Keynsham’s next league game is away to UWE Almondsbury on Saturday, ko 3pm.

You May Also Like