Conf South Round up 14th Feb ’15

Matt Lee Football Article14th February 2015

This Saturday, Boreham Wood looked to extend their lead at the top of the tree and Farnborough tried to leapfrog Bishops Stortford to get out of the relegation zone.

Bishops Stortford hosted Ebbsfleet at the ProKit stadium. The game finished 1-1 after Sheldon Sellar put the hosts ahead after only 11 minutes, however Ebbsfleet soon levelled as Danny Kedwell scored right on 30 minutes. The end to end game was performed in front of a crowd of 305.

Boreham Wood played out a stalemate at home to Concord Rangers. The visitors looked to win after recently winning the Essex derby against fellow Conference South side Chelmsford.

There were 3 other draws around the division: Bromley played out a 1-1 draw at home to Hayes & Yeading; Bromley’s late equaliser from Jamie Slabber cancelled out Dean Inman’s earlier strike. Lowly Farnborough also played the second of three draws as they got a single point from drawing against Hemel Hempstead in a game where both sides went ahead once. The other draw was when St Albans played out a 1-1 draw with Basingstoke as Manny Williams equalised Sam Corcoran’s previous strike.

Eastbourne Borough conceded 3 points to Havant & Waterlooville. Bradley Bubb and Ben Wright had originally put the away side 2-up however a goal from Nathaniel Pinney then set-up a nervy last quarter of an hour. However a minute later it was proved the Eastbourne goal would only be a consolation goal as Shamir Mullings sealed the three points for Havant.

Bath City fell to a 3-1 loss away to Gosport Borough as an own goal from Phil Walsh, after Ross Stearn had originally put the away side ahead, levelled the score. But two more goals followed, one from Justin Bennett and a 90th minute goal from Dan Wooden put the Romans to the sword.

There was also a home win for Maidenhead who beat Chelmsford 2-0. Tashan Adeyinka got the home side on their way in the tenth minute and David Tarpey won the three points for the Magpies in the 75th minute.

There were also two games that finished with the same scoreline: Staines lost at home to Wealdstone and Sutton fell to a home defeat at the hands of Weston-Super-Mare when both games finished 2-1. Michael Corcoran and Luke O’Nien got Wealdstone underway but Staines’ Elliott Buchanan got a consolation. Dan Fitchett put Sutton one-up within eleven minutes however Dayle Grubb replied quickly on the 14th minute before Joseph McClennan won it in the 24th minute.

Overall there wasnt many surprises this week but the stand out tie in my opinion would have been the 1-1 draw between Bishops Stortford – ranked 19th – and Ebbsfleet – placed 8th. Lets hope for more surprises next week.

Bishop’s Stortford (1) 1-1 (1) Ebbsfleet United 605

Boreham Wood (0) 0-0 (0) Concord Rangers 621

Bromley (0) 1-1 (0) Hayes & Yeading United 935

Eastbourne Borough (0) 1-3 (0) Havant & Waterlooville 500

Farnborough (1) 2-2 (2) Hemel Hempstead Town 343

Gosport Borough (0) 3-1 (1) Bath City 509

Maidenhead United (1) 2-0 (0) Chelmsford City 406

St Albans City (1) 1-1 (0) Basingstoke Town 608

Staines Town (0) 1-2 (2) Wealdstone 418

Sutton United (1) 1-2 (2) Weston-super-Mare 503

You May Also Like