Keynsham 2-1 Roman Glass

Keynsham Town 2-1 Roman Glass St George
Western League Premier Division
AJN Stadium
Tues 20th Aug

First chance to Romans on four minutes after an attack on the right finds number 4 in the middle, but his shot is wide. The Romans soon go close again with a shot inside the area clipping the top of the bar.

Another warning shot from distance blazes over moments later as Keynsham struggle to build any attacking pressure.

Keynsham’s first attack of note was from Ben Harris. The winger rides a couple of challenges on the right to get a shot away but it’s blocked.

Craig Wilson breaks a minute later but the keeper meets his shot outside of the area. Matt Brown‘s hopeful follow up just drops on top of the net rather than in.

Then on eighteen minutes Keynsham take a lead, with debutant Ben Dowdell scoring an absolute screamer to make it 1-0.

This came from a counter attack with Dowdell picking it up on the half way line cuts inside whilst moving forward. He then gets his head up around 40 yards and lets fly into the top left hand corner giving the keeper no chance.

Harris has started to combine well with Dowell but his shot is blocked for a corner. Soon Wilson has a shot from range as the half comes to a close as Keynsham are turning this game around in terms of chances.

The Romans are still a danger going forward with Ash Clark called into action three times as the half draws to a close.

First to stop a swift counter on the right as he dives on a shot from range. Then in the next phase he smothers well to break another attack. Finally Romans 9 forces the Keynsham number 1 into a one handed diving save.

The Romans finish the half with another hopeful effort long range effort but they still go into the break behind.

It’s the Romans who start well again with 6 testing Clark, who was equal to it with a diving save.

Keynsham manage to get back on top and make it 2-0 on the fifty third minute. A battling counter on the right which gets Dowdell to the byline with a pass across goal for Harley Purnell to tap in.

The Romans soon make it on sixty three minutes. A counter attack resulted in a long shot from Ryan Radford, left Clark on the rooted to the spot to make the score 2-1.

Radford tests Clark again as the game becomes a little stretched with some bitty fouls for both sides.

There was another chance for the Romans as Radford commits Clark but the striker can only poke the ball wide.

The game could go to either side for the last twenty minutes after play is stopped for an injury to Romans right back. It gave both managers a chance to regroup their players.

Harris brings down a ball to touch it past a marker and have a strike from outside the area, which brings out a diving save from the Romans keeper.

The Romans blaze over from distance as the last ten minutes approaches.

In the last few minutes Keynsham break with Matt Long, on as a sub. He pulls it back from the byline to Brown but he can’t connect but fellow sub Stef Lee shoots over.

Finally Matt Curnock was in on a counter, at the death, but the Romans keeper did just enough to stop him adding to Keynsham’s lead.

You May Also Like